Thursday, August 12

Even cowgirls get the blues...

Well, hello. Welcome once again to my diary blog. I'm now using a new blog post editor so I thought I'd play with it. Without really blogging about anything of importance...

Hell, who am I kidding. Of course this is going to have meaning and importance and ranting. That's what goes on in my head, so that is what I shall type.

Now that results have gone by I find myself thinking more and more about University. Apparently, my Uni is full already. Hmm, interesting. Well, anyway I'm not wanting to go on about "clearances" and accommodation. I want to talk about what moving away will mean to me.

Well, I know there are a few people who are going through this exact same thing but I'm terrified. What if I lose something? What if I break something? What if some lunatic down the hall goes mad with a Molotov? There are many questions I have, and as the oldest of my family, no one to ask about it. My mum didn't go to uni and my dad travelled from home. So this makes it a new experience for everyone here. We have worrying about stuff to pack, how I will wash things, when/how often I will visit, what I will eat and how this will change me and how much my liver will suffer for it...

On to my course. Chemistry. The only subject I ever failed at High school is the one I am doing for the next 5 years... Hmm, good call mister Andrew. *Rolls eyes* Well, whats done is done, and if I try and apply for something else, it'll be full. So I'm doing Chemistry. At HW. Whether I want to or not.

Freshers week. The image we all have is of many university students getting wasted, having fun and getting to know each other. Well, I'm not going to be 18 for it. So I'm going to have to make an 18 year old friend very, very quickly. Or try and blag my way through it. Or stay sober. Actually, forget that last idea. That's a terrible idea. How dare it enter my mind.

Friends. Well, cheerio to some unfortunately. (If you're leaving the country...) The rest, I shall attempt to see. Some more than others... I don't want to leave any of you, but even if I'd stayed, most of you are buggering off anyway. I'm going to try and stay in contact with everyone, but it'll be difficult. I'm not lying about that. I'll have Uni work, work work and social "work" (drinking). So I won't have much time. There are a few people I have already talked to about this. I think I have put some worries to bed about it. I'M NOT ABANDONING ANYONE!!!!!! I'll just have to work even harder and be even nicer. As for how I'll treat anyone or act towards them? That won't change either. If I'm sarcastic to you at the moment, don't expect it to change. If I'm a git to you, sorry but it won't change either. I am Andrew Steven "Rodriguez" McArdle and I am not going to let this change the way I treat my friends. Capiche? Good.

Well, I know I'd say I'd never name another blog about a song but my imagination has vanished lately (I blame aliens) Anyway, so what? This is my diary blog. And I'll do what I want. I could do an Olga and ask people to name the band that played that song for prizes. Well, if you can name them, I'll be impressed. That is all. No prizes. I don't get paid enough for this as it is...

So, not much ranting is there? Hmm, I could do something meaningful in the space below. Like protest for human rights. Or about animal cruelty. But I've got other things to do. So here's a picture that I promised you all a while ago...

The reason not to make promises...
Peace out bubs.
Andrew out.

1 comment:

  1. yey :) I like reading your blog. I hope I get to see you every now and again haha

    ReplyDelete