Thursday, November 25

A rant...

I apologise in advance to any "non-supporters" amongst my audience. However, even if you do not like/watch/enjoy football, this should give you ammo if you want to continue hating. Bear with me here.

My name is Andrew Steven McArdle. I am 18 years old and I am a Kilmarnock supporter. There, it is said. It cannot be unsaid. Now that I have given you that confession, onto ranting.

Being a Kilmarnock supporter, I have been brought up with a spirit of "perserverance" when it comes to football. I support a team which is not likely to win any cups. A team that is more likely to be in the bottom 6 than the top 6 and a team that was tipped for relegation this season. This gives me a perspective on things in the SPL. I see referees trying their best and getting hounded for "favouritism." I see fans baying for blood when a decision goes against them. I see fans fighting each other, chanting inappropriate songs, claiming heritage from a country other than their birth place and attempting to be "radical for their cause." Ok, I will admit, there aren't too many of them, outside of the Old Firm... Ok then, Celtic Football Club and your supporters. Why are you so annoyed at the fact that a referee made a mistake and then tried to cover it up? Yes, he should have admitted he made a mistake but that is no excuse to tar everyone with the same brush. You and your club seem to have single handedly driven our referees to striking. "Bah, who needs 'em" I hear you say... Umm, we do. So we can play football with the rules enforced. Face it, ref's are human and humans make mistakes. Deal with it. You say that you are unfairly picked on? YOU BLOODY WELL ARE NOT! You have money to buy players. You have the majority of decisions in matches. You have the majority of the support in Scotland. What do we smaller teams have? We live in fear of our club going bankrupt mid-season. We live in fear of getting beat in that vital game and being relegated. Not because of shame. But because of the financial implications that will bring. Now, what if in that one vital game, the decision went against you? You would protest. You would shout. You would scream yourself hoarse at the fact that you have been robbed unfairly from survival. Yes Celtic, you are chasing the title. The rest of us on the other hand are clinging onto survival. Just. Stop your whining about referees being unfair or biased. Of course they are. If they support Celtic, they'll be biased for Celtic and against Rangers. If they support Rangers they'll be biased for Rangers and against Celtic. If they support anyone else, they'll be biased for no-one. Apart from the team playing the bunch of whiners... Sending death threats to a referee is not a good move for you or your club. One, the police are getting very good at this forensics thing. So they can tell who sent it. Two, they will know who you support and how to hurt you. By handing it to the SFA, UEFA or even FIFA and saying "right, this is what that clubs is encouraging..." What do you think will happen if that happens? Probably very little. One day though, they might decide to make an example of a team. And what if they pick yours... Oh dear. Goodbye...

On another note, threaten referees to quit, and they will. They have other jobs. They do the refereeing because they want to. Not because they have to. So, you tell our most "experienced" ref's to quit, the places will be filled with less "experienced" ones. Until, eventually, we have none. No ref's = no football.

Money matters now in football people. The aim of the game is not to play football. It is to get money for the club. Whether by winning, playing 11 players behind the ball or hoping for a good cup run, all that matters is getting those little £'s into the club account. So, explain to me, in this time of economic crisis, that it is deemed necessary to pay £90,000 a WEEK to Wayne "Shrek-face" Rooney? For someone who there is every chance of not performing well every week. If I was paid that kind of money, I think I would have to be perfect every, single, second of the day. However, he doesn't score for a game, is that a wise investment? He doesn't score for two games? Struggling... What if, god forbid, he gets injured. That's £90,000 a week for a player who isn't doing his job... Umm, I think that maybe there's something wrong with that picture...
I don't see how someone is paid that much to "entertain" people. I don't see why he should get that much money a week when someone performing a vital service might be lucky to get that in 6 months. Ambulance Driver? Firefighter? Bomb disposal expert? Airport security? Referees?

Anyway, I apologise to my "non-football" fans out there. Here's a few pictures to compensate...


Sometimes, even I can see football sucks...

(This is my 90th post... So my next 9 posts I intend making special. Somehow. More on that next time...)

Peace out bubs. 
Andrew out.

No comments:

Post a Comment