Saturday, March 27

A "Second Best-Friend"

Apologies in advance for this terrible blog. I'll do better next time. I promise. Scouts honour and everything.


Work today, again. Was nowhere near as funny as last week. Not by a long shot. I got people asking for insanely large orders and then saying "It's not all for me..." Yeah, right.

Now, I try to be an honest guy as often as I can. But lately I've been finding it much harder to tell the truth to people. It's not even big things that I lie about but the fact that I'm lying at all is annoying me. Admittedly, sometimes there are some things that should only be known by "me, myself and I" but I think I shall be more honest from now on. I won't lie. But there are some questions I will refuse to answer. So "No Comment" does not mean "Yes" it means "I'm not comfortable talking about this, so back off."

Lately, I've been thinking about my future. A lot. And I've figured out, I don't really have a plan. Go to Uni. Thats it. But then what? Work 9 til 5 from 23 to 65? That doesn't really appeal to me. I guess what I'm gonna end up doing is "winging it." Which isn't the best idea I think, but it's my only idea. So I'm going with it until my already overworked noggin churns out another, better one. I need to start again. I need to find a totally new way of messing up my life.

Well, my to-do list for last week was a flop. I think I accomplished two of the ten things. Not good. I really need to find a way to motivate myself. How about electric shocks like in "dodgeball?" You know the scene I mean.

I've been thinking lately of how a lot of people see me. Someone reminded me of something I was called way back. I'm talking primary school here. "Everyones Second-Best Friend." This may seem like a blessing to a lot of people but I want to say... It's not. Imagine this. You get on really well with someone. But they always have someone they'd rather be with/talking to. You're trusted enough to be told secrets but not enough to be invited out if both of you have nothing to do. Every girl sees you as a "Big brother who they can talk to or be protected by." Every guy sees you as a person who seems to be lucky around girls. But you aren't. Being a "big brother", you can talk to girls about stuff but you can never be liked any other way. You're blessed and cursed with the same thing. And it sucks. You try to change and no one likes it. You are forced back to being the same as you ware before. Thats why I feel I need to start again. It's my only chance at changing.

I think thats enough of a rant for today. Sorry that it's not as entertaining/funny as usual but I'm not in a funny mood. I'm in a "meh" kind of mood.
Sorry guys, I've let you down.


Peace out bubs.
Andrew out.

No comments:

Post a Comment