Saturday, July 31

Andrews European Adventure - Part the twelthehffhethtehfh (12th) & thirteenth...

12. "Return to Sender..."
Well then, leaving Prague. Going to Berlin. Thats another Epic train journey for you. The girls are sleeping (pansies) and I am just watching the world go by...
.
Yesterday, a scary thing happened. I wore make up. Yeah. Honest. Really. I looked like Alice Cooper. Not even joking. I'm glad everyone else found it funny. I was too busy being terrified of looking permanently like Alice Cooper to care.
.
So anyway, I'm reaching the end of this trip soon. My European Adventure is ending soon. And I'm gutted. It has been brilliant. I've met people I will never forget. I've seen things that will stay with me til I die (Jenny without make-up on for example) I've been married, cheated on, divorced and flirting. I've discovered that £200 will just last you two weeks. Just. No spare at all. I've learned to appreciate the countryside with all my hiking/train journeys/camps. I've realised I'm ok at French, no German and no Czech. And I am still understood in every country by speaking English... I've realised that I can survive away from my phone for two weeks but most of all, I have learned that I can leave home. As I'm about to move out, this is extremely important to me.
.
For anybody of my age group wanting to go away, I highly and with all of my self recommend it. Take good friends. Brace yourself for a fall out, but all will be fine in the end. Just go for it. We're on;y young once you know...
.
Now at the Youth Hostel and everything seems to be going to hell in a paper boat. Some people have just been informed they still have £300 to pay for the trip. Well, I have a more immediate problem. After deducting travel costs and storage costs from my meagre ammount of money I have -€4. If you know the basics of Integers in maths, you will probably have realised the - sign is a very bad thing. Not good. And unlike other members of the group who have been compaining about running out of money, I don't have a debit card with me. So I have no emergency fund, no back up. Put bluntly, I'm fcuked. Three days left and I won't be eating. Fan-bloody-tastic. Also, no juice. So it'll just be tap water. Should be fun, huh?
.
Well, bed now, sleeping and breathings still free isn't it?
13. "Unlucky for some"
Well, I am in Berlin now. Woo. Have passed Russian, Brittish, Spanish, Greek, Canadian and American embassies. Have seen the Brandenburg gate. Have bought lunch (& tea) for about €2.80. Have waited 10 minutes and 34 seconds for girls to come out of H&Ms
.
Now, our train tonight is a late train. At about half past midnight. The time is ten to four. I am sitting in the train station waiting for the train. I could be waiting a while...
.
7 o clock. Still waiting. Had tea (Choco biscuits) Have €10 left. Woooo....
.
1.30 - train arrived 40 minutes late. Got on train to find that the cabins we booked do not exist. Actually, the whole carriage they would have been on do not exist. Have found seat in main section though. Strange woman staring at me. I think I'll wait a while before sleeping...
.
6.30 - Got of at Koln. Had apple turnover for brekkies. Waiting on next train at 8.45. And is probably late. And boiling. And smelly. And full. Or maybe it just doesn't exist. You can never tell with these Belgian trains.
.
Peace out bubs.
Andrew out.

No comments:

Post a Comment